Yes, a divorce record can be removed from the judicial website by the action of withdrawing a divorce with the court.  Courts look favorably when parties decide to withdraw a divorce proceeding so this should be granted in a timely manner.  Parties may also choose to file a reconciliation motion. This essentially serves to put the case on pause for a period of time, usually up to 6 months.  By putting a pause on the case, it leaves the original divorce open still, in case the reconciliation is not successful.  If you have filed either of these and the judicial website does not reflect it, it may just be that the website has not been recently updated.

Our firm in Westport serves clients with divorce, matrimonial, and family law issues from all over the state including the towns of: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Bethel, Branford, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Cheshire, Danbury, Darien, Derby, East Haven, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Meriden, Middlebury, Milford, Monroe, Naugatuck, New Canaan, New Fairfield, New Haven, Newton, North Branford, North Haven, Norwalk, Orange, Oxford, Prospect, Redding, Ridgefield, Seymour, Shelton, Sherman, Southbury, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven, Weston, Westport, Wilton, and Woodbridge.

If you have any questions regarding divorce in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at