Can I Obtain Alimony or Child Support While My Divorce Is Pending in Connecticut?

A spouse may obtain alimony and child support while a divorce action is pending, which can be requested by filing a motion with the court.  The court has the authority to make temporary orders for the payment of child support and alimony while the case is ongoing.  These orders may be modified, if there is a substantial change in the financial resources or income of one of the parties, such as a loss of employment, requiring a change in the alimony or support orders.

If you have any questions related divorce or alimony and child support in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at