Child support may be collected through different methods if payments are not being made after a court has issued an order.  The court may find the non-custodial parent to be in contempt if they have willfully failed to obey the court order.  If the parent is found to be in contempt they may be ordered to pay a lump sum of money.  They may also be incarcerated until a certain sum of money is paid.

If you have any questions regarding family law in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at