If A Court Order of Visitation Stipulates for Joint Custody, Can One Party Not Allow the Child to Visit the Other in Connecticut?

No, one party cannot withhold visitation of a child from another party.  If there is a court order stipulating a visitation plan, you are entitled to its enforcement regardless of the feelings of your child or ex.  Even if your child decides they no longer want to have visitation, you are still entitled to visitation and may wish to consult with the court to enforce this right.  An experienced family law attorney is likely to have handled similar issues and will be experienced to educate you on the best way to proceed to enforce your rights as a parent.

If you have any questions regarding family law in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at JMaya@Mayalaw.com.