You may be able to address the issue of assets and debts in court, if your wife has moved out and took all of your marital possessions with her.  When you formally file for divorce, it is the court’s job to assign assets and debts.  It is unlikely that a court would find you entitled to spousal support, but this depends on certain facts of the case.  Among the considerations of a court are what the assets are, what money each party had before the marriage, what each party earns.  It would be beneficial to sit down with an experienced divorce attorney to sort out the facts of the case and to receive adequate advice on how to proceed.

Our firm in Westport serves clients with divorce, matrimonial, and family law issues from all over the state including the towns of: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Bethel, Branford, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Cheshire, Danbury, Darien, Derby, East Haven, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Meriden, Middlebury, Milford, Monroe, Naugatuck, New Canaan, New Fairfield, New Haven, Newton, North Branford, North Haven, Norwalk, Orange, Oxford, Prospect, Redding, Ridgefield, Seymour, Shelton, Sherman, Southbury, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven, Weston, Westport, Wilton, and Woodbridge.

If you have any questions regarding divorce in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at