How Can I Obtain a Civil Protection Order for my Child as a Victim of Bullying?

First, a petitioner files a petition detailing the allegations, incidents, and reasons for seeking the order with the appropriate court. Next, the court schedules a hearing to review the petition and hear arguments from the petitioner and respondent. During the hearing, evidence and testimony is presented by the petitioner and the respondent. The court then decides whether the Civil Protection Order should be granted, modified, or denied.


If the court grants the Civil Protection Order, it will issue the legally binding order outlining the protections enforced against the respondent.

The experienced education law attorneys at Maya Murphy, P.C. can assist families seeking a Civil Protection Order against a student that is bullying or harassing their child. If your child is facing a civil protection order after being accused of bullying and harassment, our firm can represent your child in navigating modifying or removing the Civil Protection Order.

Maya Murphy P.C. has proudly been included in the 2024 Edition of Best Law Firms®, ranked among the top firms in the nation. In addition, Managing Partner Joseph C. Maya has been selected to The Best Lawyers in America® 2024 for his work in Employment Law and Education Law in Connecticut. Recognition in Best Lawyers® is awarded to firms and attorneys who demonstrate excellence in the industry and is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor.


Our firm in Westport, Connecticut serves clients with legal assistance all over the state, including the towns of Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Bethel, Branford, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Cheshire, Danbury, Darien, Derby, East Haven, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Meriden, Middlebury, Milford, Monroe, Naugatuck, New Canaan, New Fairfield, New Haven, Newton, North Branford, North Haven, Norwalk, Orange, Oxford, Prospect, Redding, Ridgefield, Seymour, Shelton, Sherman, Southbury, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven, Weston, Westport, Wilton, and Woodbridge. In addition to assisting clients in Connecticut, our firm handles education law matters in New York as well.


If you have any questions about education law in Connecticut or would like to speak to an attorney about a legal matter, please contact Joseph C. Maya and the other experienced attorneys at Maya Murphy, P.C. at (203) 221-3100 or to schedule a free initial consultation today.