Whether or not you consider yourself a high earner or a high worth individual, if you have considerable assets at stake and divorce is knocking at the door, we are here to help. At Maya Murphy, we deal with divorces every day, whether they include athletes, businesses, famous individuals, those with large amounts of wealth or just the average person. Our divorce practice has been established for over a decade and is built on experience gained in both New York and Connecticut tribunals. We can help you take proactive steps to position yourself for a fair allocation. Not every high-asset divorce is destined for trial. We will explore mediation to resolve or narrow the issues and out-of-court negotiations for everything from IRA, 401(k) and pension savings and alimony to child custody and child support. However, if needed, the high asset divorce attorneys of Maya Murphy are proven litigators who are ready and able to bring a case to trial.
When it comes to high asset divorce, there are many more factors that must be considered when reaching an appropriate settlement. Here at Maya Murphy, we are familiar with every nuance of high net worth divorces, including:
- Valuation of a business or professional license
- Valuation and sale/refinancing of the marital home
- Valuation and division of investment property
- Other real estate (vacation homes, rental property)
- Variable or seasonal income, as from pro athletes
- Verification of income from all sources
- Stock options and deferred compensation
- The marital portion of IRA, 401(k) and pension savings
- Validity (enforceability) of prenuptial agreements
- Other issues of separate property versus marital property
- Distribution of joint liabilities, and
- Discovering hidden assets.
We realize there are additional considerations in a high-asset divorce beyond the division of assets such as privacy of the individuals, goodwill of a business, or unwanted media attention. We can cater our representation to your needs and your busy schedule. At the onset of representation, we will listen to your goals and come up with a plan to best achieve them. You will be kept informed each step of the way and involved in this process as little or as much as you would like.
So if you are considering divorce, or divorce proceedings have already begun, feel free to contact the high asset divorce group at Maya Murphy today to discuss your options. We are available anytime at 203-221-3100 or by email at JMaya@mayalaw.com. Schedule your free consultation today!