If you are uncomfortable at your job due to racial remarks and jokes you should file a complaint with management or the human resource department immediately.  In the case that the discriminatory behavior does not stop, you may consider filing a complaint with the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities.  If you choose to contact the CHRO you will need to consult an employment attorney in your area as soon as possible.  There are very strict statutes of limitations on employment discrimination claims in Connecticut, so action should be taken quickly. 

If you feel as though you are being discriminated against or have any questions related to employment discrimination in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at JMaya@Mayalaw.com.