This is a rather “just the facts” kind of list, but that is what you will need most after a car accident. Besides the emotional shock and physical injuries comes a long road to recovery. Here is a simple checklist of what to do after being involved in a car accident in Connecticut.
- Provide a statement of your side of the story to the police
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Talk to witnesses and collect their contact information
- Exchange contact and insurance information with all other drivers involved
- Take pictures of the vehicle damage, your injuries, and the area of the accident
- Take notes of the details of the accident
- Report the incident to your insurance company
- Get a damage figure from your insurance company
- Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Connecticut
If you have been involved in a car accident in Connecticut, you’ll need an experienced attorney to handle the insurance company and your legal claims. Call Joseph Maya and the other experienced attorneys at Maya Murphy, P.C. in Westport at 203-221-3100 or email email@example.com today for a free consultation.