Posts tagged with "case on pause"

Can A Divorce Record Be Removed from the Judicial Website in Connecticut?

Yes, a divorce record can be removed from the judicial website by the action of withdrawing a divorce with the court.  Courts look favorably when parties decide to withdraw a divorce proceeding so this should be granted in a timely manner.  Parties may also choose to file a reconciliation motion. This essentially serves to put the case on pause for a period of time, usually up to 6 months.  By putting a pause on the case, it leaves the original divorce open still, in case the reconciliation is not successful.  If you have filed either of these and the judicial website does not reflect it, it may just be that the website has not been recently updated.

If you have any questions regarding divorce in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at