Posts tagged with "comply with a court order"

How Long Can I Be Incarcerated for Contempt of Court in a Divorce Case for Failure to Pay Support?

Incarceration depends on what the contempt involves and the specific facts of your case.  Every state has a strong interest in ensuring that child support is paid and may impose strict punishments for failure to comply with a court order for child support.  If a judge finds contempt for separate issues, such as failure to pay child support and failure to pay alimony, then the judge may impose jail time for each instance until you comply with the support.  If you cannot comply with the support order because your finances have changes since the order was issued, you may modify the order.

Please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at if you have any questions regarding divorce or family law in Connecticut.

What Is a Parenting Plan in Connecticut?

A parenting plan is an agreement between the parties to a divorce action that sets out how the children will be taken care and how they will co-parent their children following a divorce.  Parenting plans include a plan for custody and visitation, as well as a schedule for holiday and vacation time.

If you have any questions related to divorce or parenting plans in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at