Posts tagged with "missed payment"

What Should I Do if My Ex Is Not Paying Alimony on Time, or At All? Is this Considered Contempt of Court in Connecticut?

Generally, in Connecticut, a person will not be found in contempt of court for missing one payment of alimony.  In order for a court to find contempt, they must find that a person has the ability and means to comply with a court order but willfully is refusing to comply.  You may file a motion for contempt for this issue if you choose, but it would be best to sit down with an experienced divorce attorney to educate you on the correct best legal path to take.

If you have any further questions regarding divorce law in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at