Posts tagged with "obtaining child support"

How Do I Get Child Support from Someone Who Is a Subcontractor?

Obtaining child support may be a complicated task if you do not know the name of the company employing the person you are seeking child support from.  If the court has not ordered support, you may go to court and obtain an order.  Once you have obtained a court order, if the subcontractor still has not paid support you may file a petition to show cause.  This will hold the subcontractor accountable to the court.

This may be overwhelming without the assistance of an attorney.  If you have any questions related to family law or obtaining child support in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at