Our firm enjoys a strong national reputation for representing employees, executives and partners in all areas of employment law. From representing senior executives in employment contract and severance negotiations, to protecting individuals’ civil rights in the workplace. Maya Murphy is a recognized leader in the field of employment law. As employment lawyers, we take great pride in our innovative approach to the practice of law and our firm’s focus on protecting and promoting employee rights.
|We represent employers in connection with all the various problems and issues involving their relations with their employees.
Our clients include every form and size of organization, ranging from multinational corporations to local public schools, and cover the spectrum of the nation’s economy. We are particularly active in the financial, cultural, transportation, retailing, entertainment, professional sports, telecommunications, manufacturing, health care, publishing, philanthropic, governmental, and educational sectors.
On a daily and continuing basis, we provide advice and participate in strategic planning concerning all aspects of the employment relationship, including:
· collective bargaining
· reductions-in-force and other corporate restructurings
· employee discipline and discharge
· development of employment policies and procedures
· preparation of employee handbooks
· negotiation and drafting of employment agreements
· equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and occupational safety and health requirements
· compliance with immigration regulations and procedures
· wage and hour practices and audits
· delicate employment situations, such as allegations of sexual harassment; workplace drug abuse and. employee privacy
Our employment and labor law experience is frequently sought in connection with corporate transactions, mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and bankruptcy proceedings.