Posts tagged with "public record"

Can A Divorce Record Be Removed from the Judicial Website in Connecticut?

Yes, a divorce record can be removed from the judicial website by the action of withdrawing a divorce with the court.  Courts look favorably when parties decide to withdraw a divorce proceeding so this should be granted in a timely manner.  Parties may also choose to file a reconciliation motion. This essentially serves to put the case on pause for a period of time, usually up to 6 months.  By putting a pause on the case, it leaves the original divorce open still, in case the reconciliation is not successful.  If you have filed either of these and the judicial website does not reflect it, it may just be that the website has not been recently updated.

Our firm in Westport serves clients with divorce, matrimonial, and family law issues from all over the state including the towns of: Ansonia, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Bethel, Branford, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Cheshire, Danbury, Darien, Derby, East Haven, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Meriden, Middlebury, Milford, Monroe, Naugatuck, New Canaan, New Fairfield, New Haven, Newton, North Branford, North Haven, Norwalk, Orange, Oxford, Prospect, Redding, Ridgefield, Seymour, Shelton, Sherman, Southbury, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Wallingford, Waterbury, West Haven, Weston, Westport, Wilton, and Woodbridge.

If you have any questions regarding divorce in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at

Are Records of Juvenile Matters Open to the Public in Connecticut?

Generally, records of juvenile matters are not open to the public.  These records are confidential and sealed by statute.  There are exceptions to this confidentiality.  In cases involving delinquency, the record of the case shall be available to the victim of the crime committed by the juvenile.  In this case, the record is disclosed to the same extent as the record of the case of a defendant in a criminal proceeding in the regular criminal docket would be disclosed.  There are other items that are automatically sealed by statute as well, including: psychologist and patient communications, and communications between a social worker and the person consulting with the worker, etc.

If you have any questions regarding criminal matters in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at