Posts tagged with "unreasonable request"

Can I Stipulate in My Divorce for There to Be No Unmarried Cohabitation While Our Child Is Present in Connecticut?

You may include a morality clause in your divorce decree if you so choose.  The court is generally most concerned with the best interests of the child involved in the divorce.  For this reason, a court is only likely to agree to such a clause if it is shown to be in the best interests of the child.  As my colleagues have stated, the issue may become whether the clause is enforceable once it has been violated.  Again, this will depend on what is in the best interest of the child.  If a court finds this request unreasonable and to have no impact on the child it will likely be unenforceable.

If you have any questions regarding divorce in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at