An employee who thinks he/she is being discriminated against should speak with an attorney with labor and employment law experience to determine if his/her employer has violated any law and what can and should be done to remedy the situation or to seek relief from the appropriate agency or court.  Discrimination claims usually are governed by strict deadlines, so it is important to speak with a lawyer quickly after any adverse employment action. For example, in Connecticut, employees who wish to bring a discrimination claim typically must file a complaint with the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities within 180 days of the last adverse employment action.

If you have any questions related to employment discrimination in Connecticut, please contact Joseph C. Maya, Esq. at (203) 221-3100 or e-mail him directly at